14 August 2012

Get well soon Teddy

Hi there! We are being kept busy at the moment here in the stables at Calvert Trust Exmoor, I heard the staff saying something about schools have broken up: I guess they mean that the children aren’t at school for a bit rather than the buildings have fallen apart!

Everyone here is working a bit harder as one of my friends, Teddy, has injured his leg and can’t ‘do his bit’ for our guests. He’s been off for a couple of weeks and told me the other day that he really misses working & eating in the field!   Teddy did add that he’s feeling better & hopes to get back to work very soon; I’ll keep my hooves crossed for him!

I’ve had a good week, showing folks just how friendly horses are and doing my agility course with them, but so far I’ve not done any driving this week.

I had a chat with Bruno, one of the horses that pulls the big carriage, and asked him how much driving he does. He said that it varies from week to week, and some weeks he might not be asked to drive at all!  He shares the job with Maxwell and Hendrix, so I suppose they all have to do their bit.   


The big Carriage

Bruno reckoned that I was very lucky to have my own carriage; he has to share the 4 wheeler with the others!   The stables also has a 2 wheeler (like mine but bigger), that Maxwell & Hendrix can drive – I think Bruno is a bit big for it, but I didn’t like to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: