17 July 2012

Guest Blogger: Pixie


Hello everyone, my name is Pixie; I am an Exmoor pony and have worked at the Calvert Trust for 11 years.


Pixie

Pilgrim asked me to write a piece for his blog – at first I said no, but he gave me one of his ‘looks’ and I relented.  It works every time and he knows it, the cheeky monkey!


My job at the Calvert Trust is to help the smaller people among our guests – I stand 13.2 hands and can carry up to 8 stone.  Being a mature lady I no longer pull the carriage – I leave that to the younger ones such as Hendrix and Maxwell.   


However I might be called upon to do my duty at Christmas time as I have the honour of taking Father Christmas in a carriage to the Centre. It’s a very responsible job, I and wonder if the younger ones will be ready for it. I might just have to have a word if the call comes.


Another important role I have is showing people how we horses communicate with each other. Most people think it’s all about neighing, but it’s so much more than that! I will tell you a little more next time – Pilgrim has said that we should keep the blog ‘short & sweet’.


Was he talking about the blog or himself?  To be honest, knowing Pilgrim it could be either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: