30 August 2014

A week in the life of a Calvert Pony

Our busiest days in the stables are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, when we are working with groups of guests staying in the centre. For this blog post I thought you might like to hear about what else happens in the stables for the rest of the week.  

Teddy says a week is seven days, and starts on a Sunday; this means we get to start our week with a day off! Sundays we get to stay out in the field all day relaxing and eating and some of us also like to have a play. Brin and Bertie especially enjoy this; they are very good friends, but the staff in the stables say they are like a couple of little kids chasing each other around! 

Brin and Bertie (and me!) enjoying a good chase!

Mondays, Wednesday evenings, Fridays and Saturdays are taken up with private riding lessons and carriage driving. We have some lovely regular riders let me tell you a bit about some of them.

Daisy and her mum Lynn who come twice a week on a Monday and Friday all the way from Bude. I don’t know where it is but Teddy tells me it’s too far to walk and they have to come in a car. Daisy does stable management and riding on a Monday then she rides with her mum on a Friday. 
Lynn and Daisy in the arena with Bertie and  Teddy


Jack (not Jack the pony in the stables!) and his mum Michelle also come to us from Bude. I hear it's really nice there with lots of grass! Maybe I will get to go there one day. Jack must be a very popular name as we also have another Jack who visits on a Monday to ride Duchess.

I don’t tend to see the people that ride on a Wednesday evening as usually I'm out in my paddock for the night by then, but Teddy tells me they are all very nice, and even some of the activity instructors join in on the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: