2 September 2014

Getting ready for Winter

I heard the staff in the stables talking about the summer holidays being nearly over for school children; I thought that this might mean that it was time for me to go on my holidays, but Teddy has informed me that this is not the case as we work all year round! 

I don't really mind though; although us horses don’t mind a bit of a break, we do actually prefer working as it stops us getting too bored.

Because the summer is nearly over Kerri and Louise have started sorting out the winter rugs, read for all of us to wear when it starts to get a bit chillier.

Even though we do grow thick winter coats (especially me; I've only just got rid of mine!), we can get cold when its rainy and windy,so our rugs give us a bit of extra protection to stay snug and warm. I look especially fabulous in mine of course!

Me looking  fabulous in my coat last Autumn!

It can get wet and a sometimes cold up here on Exmoor. When it does we think of our cousins the Exmoor ponies who live up out on the moor and feel very grateful for our the rugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: