1 September 2013

Guest Blogger Henry 3: The trouble with Flies

Hi, Henry here with a bit more info about me.

Pilgrim told me that a picture of me has already been on the blog – so how do you think I look?   I’ve been told that my coat has a good shine and I’ve got nice dapples too (that’s where I’ve got a mix of dark and light brown that form a nice pattern on my body), pretty cool, yes?

I do have trouble with flies in the heat as when they bite me it makes me itch so very much!   I know I shouldn’t scratch but I can’t help it and because of this I can get quite sore.    People call it  ‘sweet itch’ – but believe me there’s nothing sweet about it at all! 

Anyway, to help keep the flies off me I wear a light rug that covers most of my body, plus I have a face mask so the flies don’t get in my eyes. The first time I went into the field with all this on the other guys teased me something terrible, but I don’t mind one bit as I feel so much better. I also get a mini bath once a week and the staff put a cream on that helps to stop the itching; so this year I’m doing a bit with my skin, but I can’t wait for it to cool down!
The latest in 'fly-street' fashion!

I’m one of those horses that looks forward to the cold weather; that means no more flies!!!!!!

Good news - Pilgrim says that I can do the blog again, but he’s got things he wants to tell you so he’ll be doing the next one;  so bye for now but we’ll talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: