14 May 2014

More about Bob...

Hi everyone!

Do you remember a couple of years ago I introduced you to BobI thought I would bring you up to date with what he's been up to.

He's definitely the quietest horse we have here at the stables; I'm not sure what sort of horse he is but he doesn’t ever make a noise! I have tried to have a chat with him but it’s always been a bit one sided!

He's not very chatty is he!?!

Bob  is only about as tall as me, he has been here at the stables for a few years now but he doesn’t ever move very far. He lives in the middle of the yard, never gets fed and doesn’t need mucking out! Bob is made from an old barrel with a saddle attached. He is used to see whether people can sit on a horse before they get to try the real thing.  

The good thing with Bob is he is very still and quiet, but he gives people a good idea of what it is like to sit on a horse.  He also has a head with a bit and some reins on it.  This means people can learn about how to ask a horse to turn and stop. Bob never gets upset if someone makes a mistake!  Bob is very patient and will let people practice for ages on him before they get to do it for real. Lots of our visitors here have sat on Bob and he is a very important member of the stables team.

Me meeting Bob, with Rooster and Safari watching!

It's been a while since I've had a guest blogger; having just seen him in the photo I've decided I will ask Rooster to tell us a bit about his life for the next blog post.

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: