18 May 2014

Guest Blogger Rooster 1: A little about me

I am delighted to have this opportunity to tell you about myself folks, thanks Pilgrim for asking me.


Saying 'hi' to Pilgrim
I'm an old gentleman now, but I think I have lived an interesting life. I was born in Ireland and I am a thoroughbred. For anyone who is not sure what that means; I was born to gallop and LOVE to run!

I have done a fair bit of racing during my life both in Ireland and in England, so as you might expect I am a well-travelled chap. I moved from Ireland to England when I was about 7 years old, and have raced at quite a lot of different places. 


All ready to go out
I was quite good at racing, but like everyone I started to feel my age and needed to slow down a little.  Now obviously that is not very good for a racehorse! So it was time for me to find another job.

The next chapter of my life was spent going for lovely long rides in the countryside with a very kind man. I also met Safari while I was doing this job and we became the best of friends. It was lovely to have time to make friends because in racing you spend so much time travelling around you rarely get to put down roots.


My friend Safari doing bareback riding in the arena
Pilgrim may have told you about Safari? He is a spotty horse who also moved here to Calvert Trust with me. I was so pleased he was able to move here too, I would have missed him terribly if we had to separate.

Pilgrim say's I can have another go at blogging, so next time I will tell you about my life here at Calvert Trust Exmoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: