20 May 2014

Guest Blogger Rooster 2: My life at Calvert Trust

Hi everyone, its me again, Rooster.

This December Safari and I came to live at Calvert Trust. Now I thought I had seen every kind of place but let me tell you there is nowhere quite like this place! 

Meeting Pilgrim was a surprise; I didn’t realise a pony could be so small! Most of the horses here are pretty hairy compared with my racing buddies, especially Jack with his moustache and Duchess with her feathers!


Duchess showing off her feathers 

All the horses here have very special jobs.  We are here to help anyone to ride and drive who would like to give it a go and also so that people can spend time learning what fantastic creatures we are. I am quite tall but once people realise how gentle I am they all seem to love me. It took me a few weeks to work out what was going on but now I absolutely love my job.  The best thing is we get to do plenty of slow and gentle work which is great for me! I can still remember how fast I used to go though and have reminded the staff who work here on a few occasions!


Me enjoying a ride in our arena with my friend Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: