28 March 2012

Guest Blogger: River Big Bear


Hello, my name is River, and firstly I would like to say thank you to Pilgrim for allowing me this opportunity to introduce myself via his blog. I must confess that when young Pilgrim suggested blogging I thought it sounded a little rude! but apparently it’s all the rage these days. 

Let it not be said that us more mature ladies are not in touch with the modern world!

River in Action (2003)

My full name is ‘River Big Bear’, and to answer Pilgrim’s un-asked question I shall be 18 this year. I am a brown leopard spot Appaloosa, 16 hands high.

Although I was born in Great Britain, my ancestors come from the United States of America, you might have seen some of my distant relations in western films,  the most famous being Zip Cochise, who stared alongside John Wayne  in the film “El Dorado”. 

I came to Calvert Trust Exmoor in January as I wasn’t being ridden very much, I’m still a very active lady and I want to remain so!

I had a minor incident this week, me and one of the other horses here failed to see eye to eye, and I ended up with a small cut on my leg. This resulted in me having a few days off, to give me a chance to heal; Not ideal in your first few months in a new home, I hope to be back in work next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: