12 May 2015

Special New Shoes

Today Clive and Jordan the farriers came to visit us in the stables.  I had a feeling it was my turn to have my feet trimmed and a new set of shoes and sure enough I was brought out of my stable and tied up in the yard.  Jordan had a good look at my feet and gave me a quick trim.

Until now I have been wearing light weight plastic shoes but today something very different happened. Last time the farriers’ came they had a long chat about my feet and what I should wear on them. The farriers decided to make me some very special shoes.  They are metal but they are much lighter than normal horse shoes. 



I heard Clive say he had made them out of racing plate metal! This was quite intriguing so I asked Teddy if he knew what that meant but he said Rooster was the best one to talk to about racing as that used to be his job.  Rooster said racing plates are very light shoes which help a horse to be as fast as it can. He also said I would never be as fast as he was even if they put wings on me! 


My little shoes were soon nailed on and although they feel a bit different to the plastic ones they are very comfy on my feet. I even sound like the rest of the horses now clip clopping around on the concrete.

The farriers said I would be the smallest horse they had ever put metal shoes on.  Of course this made me feel very important!

To give you an idea of how small my shoes are here is a picture of one of them next to a two pound coin…

….told you they were tiny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: