20 May 2015

Show Preparations

In my last blog post I was telling you that Calvert Trust Exmoor is Charity Of The Year for the Devon County Show. Well the Stables team have been really busy with all the preparation for the show, but it wasn’t just Hendrix to get ready, the carriage and of course the staff had to get ready too. 

Hendrix has been at Calvert Trust Exmoor for 6 years now, so he's the perfect pony to represent us at the show. I thought it should be me going but I’m a bit small to pull the big carriage, so Hendrix better do it!
  
Luckily the weather has been really nice so Richard and Nicky were able to wash the carriage and even paint the carriage floor. I wanted to help with painting the carriage but Teddy reckons my fur would stick to it, so I supervised instead which is a more important job!

The carriage was looking really shiny once it had been painted, but I over heard the humans talking about putting our name on the carriage so people knew where we were from.

The next day a man arrived and put some Calvert Trust stickers on to the carriage, I thought they looked very smart, but was a bit disappointed as I thought it would have had my name and picture on as I am the star of the stables!

Fitting the Stickers

Next it was Hendrix turn to get ready he had to have a bath I think he really enjoyed it, especially as the sun was out and he managed to do some sun bathing to dry. Then Clive the farrier came and put new shoes on him. All his tack, harness and rugs also got cleaned, everything was looking great. 

Later on I was watching Richard and Kerri and they were walking around with a clip board looking all official (they don’t usually!) 

They were collecting stuff together like rugs, tack, brushes and ticking them off their list. I asked Teddy what was going on and he explained to me that when you go to a show with a horse that you need to take loads of stuff with you including spare stuff in case anything breaks.

They had so much stuff piled up I thought Hendrix was going away for a couple of weeks not a couple of days! All the equipment and tack needed to look after Hendrix was then loaded up into the mini bus and nearly filled it.

That evening, once everything was loaded up, including Hendrix in his own personal trailer, we all gathered by the field gate to wave Hendrix and the team off. 

for the next blog I will get Hendrix to tell you all about his big adventure at the Devon County Show, we can’t wait to hear how he got on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: