29 May 2015

Guest Blogger Hendrix; Devon County Show Part 1

Pilgrim: Hi everyone, I'm letting Hendrix have a go at writing the blog as he has had a very exciting time at the Devon County Show. 
As you all know he is full of himself usually so you can only imagine what he is like at the moment!  Anyone would think he was the only horse of any importance!  
___________________


Hey guys its Hendrix here, or to give me my full title 'One Too Many'.  That's my show name for those of you who don’t know by the way. Pilgrim has obviously realised that I am very special, and I have very exciting news to tell you which he knows nothing about so he said I could write the blog.
 
Last Wednesday I did some carriage driving here at Calvert Trust Exmoor with guests, as I often do.  Once I had finished it soon became clear that something unusual was going to happen.  I was given a bath which made me cleaner than ever before; I was so shiny you could have seen your face in my coat! 

While that was going on lots of equipment was loaded into the minibus and the horse trailer was hitched up. Also the four wheeled carriage was put onto another trailer.  This gave me a clue that I was going somewhere special but I had no idea how special yet!  Nicky put travel boots and a tail bandage on me and I was loaded up into the trailer.  She got in the minibus and I gave all the other horses a goodbye whinny as we left.
  
We went on a very long journey, I was fine to start with but then I had a problem…I needed a wee!  I wasn’t too sure how I could do that while the trailer was travelling along so I gave the trailer a few hefty kicks so Nicky would know I had a slight problem.  She soon stopped to check on me but then I got stage fright and couldn’t go!  The trailer was soon on the move again but now I was really bursting so I gave the trailer another kick and Nicky stopped again.  This time I was fine and felt very relieved once I had relieved myself!  Once we were back on the move I soon settled down and had lovely net of hay to eat.

It took ages to reach our destination and when we did arrive I was very glad to get out and stretch my legs.  I had never been anywhere like it before.  There were lots of stables in a long row and plenty of space around so I felt quite safe and happy.  The stables were my version of heaven.  Nicky laughed at me because I was so surprised to see there was grass growing INSIDE my stable!

I had to ask a huge shire horse what this was all about, he said that most show grounds had this kind of stables – they are put up for the show and then taken down again.  He said he went to shows all the time and it was always fun which made me quite excited about what would happen next. By now I was exhausted though and after munching my way through most of the grass growing in my stable I went to sleep for the night.

Enjoying a munch! (Thanks Kevin Beer for the photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: