25 March 2015

Night Time during the day?!?

All of us horses heard the stables staff talking about this thing called "the eclipse" that was due to take place on Friday the 20th. I asked Teddy what this was and he explained that he remembers back when he was younger an eclipse taking place. He said it’s when the moon passes the sun in the day time and it all goes dark. Usually when it’s dark I go to sleep so I was a little confused about it all!

On the Friday morning we all got up as usual but then Monique from activities came and took me to show me how to look at the eclipse safely. Apparently it's very dangerous to look directly at it, but they had an idea so we could watch it. I felt very honoured to do this as the rest of my friends had to stay in their stables.

Eclipse watching

Monique had two bits of paper and one of them had a hole in it.  I tried to eat them but Monique said I wasn’t allowed!  Anyway the reflection of the eclipse came through the hole onto the other bit of paper.

It got a bit darker than normal and also the birds stopped singing for a few minutes.  The reflection of the eclipse on the bit of paper looked like a moon shape to me and not very exciting but all the humans were quite interested in it.


I have never understood some of the things that humans get excited about, they ought to try some of the things that horses do to amuse themselves like chasing each other and eating grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: