27 March 2015

New Wheels on our Wagon!

The four wheeled carriage needed some new rubber on the wheels this week.  The wheels had to be taken off the carriage by one of my favourite activity instructors - Oli. 

Then the wheels were taken a long way away to somewhere called 'Colyton', which I heard Nicky said took her a long time to get to, although its still in Devon. Devon must be a very big place I think!

I have never been that far, I don’t think I would like to travel a long way as I love living here. There is a man in Colyton called Greg who is a wheelwright and he did all of the hard work to put new rubber tyres on all four wheels. 

Removing the old tyre
Duchess is going to be pulling the carriage at the Devon County Show; Teddy said Calvert Trust Exmoor is their official charity for 2015, so Duchess and the stables team get to do some demonstration runs in the Lady Clinton Arena. I hope I get to go too, I don't want Duchess to have all of the fun!

Putting the new tyre on the wheel

Nicky also saw some very interesting things in Greg's workshop, and she showed me the photos. I particularly like the gun carriage; beautiful workmanship, although I think it would be a little heavy for me to pull!

The gun carriage

The carriage wheels now look as good as new, Oli has been working hard to put them back on the carriage so that Duchess can pull it again.



Richard has also been doing some touching up of the paint work so that the carriage looks lovely. 


I even saw Rob from the office measuring the carriage and he said he was going to get some big stickers made up with the Calvert Trust Exmoor logo on them, so I think by the day of the Devon County Show the carriage is going to look fantastic!

I'm sure Duchess will be very proud to show off her stylish new carriage in the arena, I hope she doesn't show off too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: