18 February 2015

Many Small People!

Last week we have had lots of small people here.  I felt quite big!  They were all from a local primary school in Shirwell

Some of them have horses and ponies of their own at home so they already knew quite a lot about looking after a horse and how to ride.  Those who had a bit of experience were very kind and helped their friends if they felt a bit nervous. 

Even one of the teachers had a go at riding.  He rode Rooster and said he enjoyed it but he thought Rooster was a very bouncy horse! Alice proved to be a very popular riding instructor with all the children.  They all had a great time.


Rooster

All the children helped to put out an agility course for me on the back yard.  It has been very cold this week but I still have my woolly winter coat and we shetlands are a hardy bunch, so I was fine.  The children all had to wrap up warm with coats and gloves on. Everyone had a practice first and then did a timed round of agility with me. 

Showing off my agility skills (and my woolly winter coat!)

Let me tell you I feel like I certainly earn't my hay that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: