15 February 2015

Full Steam Ahead

It's full steam ahead now for all of us horses and ponies and the staff here in the stables, we are all looking forward to a busy and fun year.

Alice and Richard have been learning all about different types of groups who come to Calvert Trust Exmoor since they started work here. Now we are busy and they have been able to put into practice what they have learned so far. 

Last week we had a group of young people from Pathfield School.  They all had a great time trying lots of activities and of course getting to know us here in the stables. 

I was able to show them how clever I am at jumping. Bertie had a go first but I think he was feeling a bit lazy as he knocked down the fence several times!

I on the other hand did my usual fantastic leaping over the jump, and earned myself a round of applause from all the people watching me from the gallery. Richard has quickly got the hang of helping me to put on a fabulous show for our visitors and I really love working with him.

I love to jump!


Bertie eventually managed to haul himself over the jump. I think he felt a bit embarrassed watching me make it look so easy! 

Bertie prefers his fences to be this high!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: