1 June 2012

Guest Blogger Maxwell: 2 more about me!




I thought you might like to know exactly what my job is at the stables.  I am ridden by people of all ages and sizes as I am not too tall but quite strong.  I’ve heard the staff say that I have a smooth pace so that my riders don’t get bounced about too much. My riders don’t need to do very much for me to understand what they want me to do – I’m really quick to pick things up.
I am also trained for the hoist, which means that I stand very still while my rider uses a buzzy thing to help them get into my saddle.  This is a very important job and I am proud that I can help folks in this way.  Not all of the horses at the Calvert Trust can do this!
Another job I do is pulling the 4 wheel carriage – I share this role with 2 others, Bruno and Hendrix.  I love trotting round the arena and hearing how much the guests are enjoying it; I think I must look rather smart!
I do the same exercises when pulling the carriage as I do when I’m ridden, although moving round the cones is a bit harder with the carriage!  




I’ve had a busy week; with a mix of being ridden and driving the carriage.  It’s been really warm and therefore I get rather hot and sweaty; thankfully we all get washed down with cool water before we go out into the field.Bliss!
I am really looking forward to a couple of days off so I can focus on finding the sweetest bits of grass.  The grass has started to grow a bit quicker and I think I know where to find some rather tasty fescue.  Have a good weekend everybody – I will ‘blog’ again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: