13 September 2012

Guest Blogger Teddy 2: Grooming


It’s busy as usual here at the Calvert Trust Exmoor. I regularly get to work with our guests on the yard as well as in the arena. I’m a bit of a softy at heart and love getting lots of attention, especially when it involves me being groomed!  
For us horses, grooming is quite relaxing and helps to keep us in good condition. I’ve heard the staff refer to it being the equivalent of having a shower – I know which one I’d  prefer!


My friend Bruno enjoying a grooming session - lovely!

I would like to clear up a misunderstanding regarding the incident a few weeks ago with a broken fence and a midnight stroll. Pilgrim seems to think that Brin, Bruno and I left him in the field, with no concern for his welfare or feelings.

I can honestly say that we all thought he had followed us out and was also enjoying the lush grass and sense of freedom.   We didn’t think that what was a small step over the bottom rail for us would be a big leap for Pilgrim! I did apologise to him, and so did the others; but he does have a habit of bringing the subject up from time to time to make us feel guilty!

Needless to say we are not planning any midnight adventures in the near future – and if we do you can guarantee a certain ‘mighty atom’ will be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: