11 December 2015

A Special Job for Hendrix

Hi everyone, I hope you have been enjoying all the "Horse Life Stories" I've been posting about all my lovely horse and pony buddies here at Calvert Trust Exmoor.  This week I want to take a break from the life stories to tell you about the special job that Hendrix had on Sunday.  

On Sunday morning I was in my stable munching my hay quite happily when suddenly Hendrix appeared with Richard.  I thought this was a bit strange as usually I am the only one around on a Sunday morning because all the other horses and ponies have a day off in the field. 

Hendrix had his rug taken off and was given a really good groom.  hen Nicky and Richard pulled the two wheeler carriage into the yard and started to decorate it with shiny stuff…


Decorated with shiny stuff!

…I wasn’t sure what was going on so I asked Hendrix.  He said at this time of year he has an important job to do with his carriage on two Sundays and today was the first one.

I watched as Nicky and Richard then decorated Hendrix with loads of shiny stuff too which Hendrix told me is called tinsel.  If you ask me it looked a bit scary! They also put a very sparkly plait in his tail, sparkly hoof oil on his feet and then put his harness on with extra bells and even some lights! 





I must say I thought he looked amazing when he was ready for his big moment.  Soon after he was ready a man arrived with a big beard and a red suit on which looked very warm and cosy (I would quite like one!).

I asked Hendrix who he was and he rolled his eyes at me and said “Santa of course!!” Now I do remember Teddy telling me last year at Christmas time that Santa is the lovely man who brings us special treats of apples and carrots.  He delivers them on Christmas Eve and we get to eat them for our lunch on Christmas Day. 

I was quite excited and thought we might get some apples and carrots from Santa but Hendrix said not today. 

Nicky drove Santa in Hendrix’s carriage around the centre and took him to give out presents to the guests who were staying in the centre for the weekend.




Everyone thought Hendrix looked great and he said he got lots of fuss. He is already looking forward to doing it all again next Sunday. I bet the other horses laughed at him when he went back in the field though because he still had sparkly hooves!! 

Pilgrim's horseshoe icon was created by stolkramaker from Noun Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: