16 December 2014

Who was that man in the red suit?

I've heard that most humans decorate a tree for Christmas;
for the last two weekends the staff in the stables have put decorations all over Hendrix’s carriage instead!

Every year at Calvert Trust Exmoor there are several Christmas Special Weekends. For these weekends Hendrix has a very important job to do, he has to pull his carriage with a very special passenger travelling in it. He also gets dressed up with tinsel too!

Hendrix looking great in his tinsel

The passenger has lots of white hair on his face and he wears a very cosy looking red coat and trousers which have furry trimming on them.  He also wears boots and a hat too which matches his outfit.  I don’t know quite what his job is but the humans here call him Father Christmas so I guess he is very well known.  



He always carries a very full looking sack with him but I don’t think it is full of horse feed because he doesn’t give any food to us! I hope someone has remembered that we would love a Christmas dinner too. Some carrots, apples and special horse treats are what I am hoping for this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: